Saturday 8 June 2013

Arthur's Bridge Safety works only solves half the problem

Work has taken place at the Arthur's Bridge / Lockfield Drive road junction as anticipated in my blog post of a few weeks ago. 

It is not quite as I was expecting.

The far side of Lockfield Drive from Horsell, heading towards Harelands Roundabout has been improved. The run up to the traffic lights is now a single clear lane.  All good. But ...

What about the road in the other direction? To my mind this is where much of the problem lies.  Vehicles coming from Harelands Roundabout race to the lights in the right hand lane.  Cars leaving Arthur's Bridge turn out and right as the lights are changing.  On several occasions this has led to collisions.  

Why has Surrey gone to so much effort to only fix half of the problem?


I am trying to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.