Saturday 17 September 2011

More news on Victoria Way Cycle Crossing

In my capacity as a Woking Council representative on the local Cycle User's Forum I attended a meeting on Wednesday.  Rather appropriately I cycled to the meeting at Quadrant Court (Surrey County Council offices) on Guildford Road., having come from a governors meeting at Horsell Village School.

One thing I learned at the meeting is that work will not continue on the new cycle crossing over Victoria Way until the forthcoming Chinese ceramics exhibition at The Lightbox has closed.  When I checked the dates for this exhibition I found that it doesn't close until December!  If work really is delayed until then I envisage a further delay when roadworks are kept out of the town centre in the busy Christmas shopping periods.  So that will be January then before work starts again ...

I first blogged about this crossing on 10 September 2010 when I saw a site notice on the post of the pedestrian crossing.  It is over a year ago now since initial work started on the site. As I previously threatened  I think it is time to got out there with a cake and wish the works a happy first birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.