Saturday 27 July 2013

Horsell Public Space Saga Latest

My request for a clear statement on what will happen next and when in response to resident's concerns about the work at QE Gardens as set out in my last post has failed to provide any clarity.

I have been told by the Council that  "There is no urgency as the site is still work in progress" and that they do not expect to have "a clear position until the autumn planting season".

The Council has offered the reassurance that "The site will be excellent when the job is done".

I have been told that the "matter has been taken out of all perspective" and it is suggested the cooling weather may cool "some of this over reaction".

At the same time a note has been circulated from our local county councillor.  He is trying to assist but the note does not given any firm assurances and is at odds with some of what I have been told.

Amidst all of this, the consultation with residents that I was told would happen when it was explained why my urgent business would not be heard is nowhere in sight.

I am quite clear about what residents want - a flat area returned to the village where children can run around, play football or cricket and where dogs can be walked.  It is a matter of urgency and I am saddened and disappointed that the Council will not commit to work with residents to reach a solution now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.