Saturday 8 May 2010

Elected - Thank you very much everybody

I was honoured and delighted to be elected the new councillor for Horsell West in the early hours of Friday morning. As ever Horsell was very close between Liberal Democrats and Conservatives. Just 47 votes separated me from the Conservative candidate. UKIP came in a whisker ahead of Labour. The final results was

Ann-Marie Barker 1852
Conservative 1805
UKIP 245
Labour 217

Thank you to everybody for all your votes. Of course the General Election pushed up the turnout but I do feel very humbled that more than 1800 Horsell residents gave me their support.

A huge thank you to my team, particularly Richard Sanderson and his wife Sarah. Richard has represented Horsell as a councillor for more than a quarter of a century and Sarah has been behind him all the way. I hope I can carry on Richard's good work over the coming four years. I wish Richard well in his 'retirement' . Big thanks are also due to John Doran, former Horsell county councillor, who has been a stalwart of Horsell campaigns over a number of years. Rob Payne, as ever, did a wonderful job getting our poster boards up, and promptly down again. Margot and John Craig were always there to lend a hand. Many others played their part, helping us to deliver literature, canvass and prepare material. Thank you to everybody. It couldn't have been done without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.