Sunday 5 September 2010

Buses and Car Parks


I returned from holiday to a message from a resident very concerned about changes in bus timetables last week and the lack of information from either Surrey or the bus companies on this matter. Some bus times have changed and other routes have been removed completely. It seems a small number of residents were told of the changes by bus drivers in the preceding week but many were not and waited vainly at bus stops. I am told that new timetables are available at Woking library.


I was aware that changes may be made following the first stage of Surrey's bus "consultation" but certainly had no idea this was to take place last week. I will seek further information from Surrey on Monday.

A short walk across Brewery Road car park early Saturday evening and I thought I was back in Cornwall. There was so much sand in the car park I thought I had been transported to a beach car park. The sand was in the far corner of the car park, where coaches used to park and near the drop off area by the bridge to the town centre. The cause of the sand appears to be holes dug, and neatly filled in the car park. I can only guess that the "holes" are test pits dug by WWF to investigate the land. I recall that Surrey carried out a similar exercise prior to their aborted move to the car park. It would have been nice to have been told about the work and a good idea to get the contractors to clear up when the work was finished. I will contact the neighbourhood officer on Monday about getting the mess cleared up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.