Thursday 9 September 2010

Update on Horsell Scouts and Guides

Attended the WBC Executive tonight where an "enabling" paper was presented on future funding for community facilities including new accommodation for Horsell Scouts and Guides. The paper envisaged using money made from Wolsey Place shopping centre (now owned by WBC) to fund these local community projects. Some concerns were raised, including by me, about whether the funds from Wolsey Place could be guaranteed in the future. I also asked about how projects would be assessed for funding, what criteria would be most important and about timescales. Didn't really get any satisfactory answers on these questions. On timing I was told by the Leader of the Executive that it was "the beginning of a journey".

The Executive supported the paper and council officers will now progress feasability reports on each of the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.