Monday 13 May 2013

Taking the Lead

Cllr.Ann-Marie Barker and Cllr. Will Forster
 Leader & Deputy of Woking Council Lib Dems

I am delighted to have been elected as Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group on Woking Borough Council.  I will now lead the 15 strong group for the next year.  My Deputy is Will Forster who I know will provide great support throughout the year.

I have worked with Will and other colleagues to put together the team which will provide clear and constructive opposition to our local Conservative run Council.

We will not oppose merely for the sake of it but we will scrutinise council decisions and provide an alternative to the Conservative view.

My first task this week is to propose my colleague Cllr. Anne Roberts as the next Mayor of Woking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.