Friday 3 May 2013

No county seat but still working for you as a borough councillor

No county seat but borough role continues ...

I was unsuccessful in my efforts to get elected to Surrey County Council this week.  The Conservative candidate won the Goldsworth East and Horsell Village division by just 94 votes.

I won't be representing the area on the county council but my work as borough councillor for Horsell West continues.  I will be up for election again next year when my borough seat comes due.

Thank you very much to everyone who gave me their support.  Sorry that we did not make it this year.

Special thanks that to those who made a direct contribution to the election.  Everyone who helped to speak to the electorate, deliver leaflets or who collected voters numbers on polling day is much appreciated.

Goldsworth East and Horsell Village result

Conservative                    1343  36%
Lib Dem Ann-Marie Barker  1249  34%
UKIP                                 681  18%
Labour                              441  12%

Turnout 33%










No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.