Tuesday 24 June 2014

Give us back our public space

It is almost a year since local residents began to grow horrified at the decimation of flat, open space in Queen Elizabeth Gardens, Horsell.  I blogged at the time about the huge piles of sand being piled by the side of the bowling green and rendering an area used for children's play and dog walking unusable.  If you follow the sequence of blogs you will learn that a petition raised by local residents led to action by the Council who agreed the mound should not stay.

Agreement was reached with petitioners in October and the plan was to remove the sand (much of it has gone) and then landscape and re-seed the area with grass in the spring.  Spring has come and gone.  There is less sand but still no grass and no access to the area.

I raised this matter regularly with the Chief Executive of Woking Council whilst I was a councillor.  The last update I had, just a couple of months ago, was that the new footpath planned for the edge of the site still had to be resolved.  Since then I have heard nothing.

I have now written to the Chief Executive asking when Horsell will get its public space back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.