Thursday 1 November 2012

Delight as Woking News and Mail goes weekly

I'm delighted that the Woking News and Mail is now a weekly publication.  Our local paper has caused me a whole range of emotions over the last year or so.  

First I was sad that Woking would no longer have a dedicated newspaper and that the local journalists on the paper would lose their jobs.  Then I was relieved  when I learnt that many journalists had secured roles with the Surrey Advertiser.  I was pleased when that paper gave a far greater focus to Woking with a specific Woking edition.  The Surrey Ad continues to give a great Woking service and I am now a regular purchaser.

I was very pleased when I learnt that Knaphill Print was to revive the Woking News and Mail.  I was cautiously optimistic on the future of the paper as it was initially a monthly publication.  It was a real pleasure to see the paper become a fortnightly feature and I am now delighted that the News and Mail is restored as Woking's dedicated weekly paper.

The story of the paper's revival was covered on Eagle Radio this morning and summarised on their website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.