Monday 22 March 2010

Taking A Stand


I am now in possession of my nomination papers to stand as the Liberal Democrat candidate for Horsell West at the forthcoming local elections.

My long serving colleague, Richard Sanderson, is standing down after 26 years as a local councillor.
I am looking forward to the opportunity to take over and continue his hard work over many years. Of the three councillors representing Horsell West there are currently two Conservatives and one Liberal Democrat. I hope to maintain a Liberal Democrat presence in the ward to reflect the strong Liberal Democrat support in Horsell.
If elected I am keen to continue the work I did on the Council between 2004 and 2008. I will set out my aims and objectives over the next few days. Along with others in the local Liberal Democrat team I have been talking to people around Horsell since last September so I hope I have a good idea about what concerns people. If we haven't visited you and you would like to raise an issue please let me know.
Communication and consultation are key priorities. Residents need to kept informed about what is going on in their area and given a chance to have their say. As a councillor:
  • I was successful, against Conservative opposition, in requiring neighbours to be directly informed about applications for extended hours or entertainment licences from licensed premises
  • I informed residents about plan for mobile phone masts
  • I ensured residents knew about major planning applications

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.