Wednesday 13 October 2010

Call this consultation?

I am very unhappy with the lack of publicity from WWF for their forthcoming consultation on plans for a new HQ building on Brewery Road car park. To date we have had only a very small item in the local paper and a public notice in the same paper. I wrote about this last week.

There are so many other ways in which WWF could have informed residents that this consultation was taking place. Noticeboards in Horsell Village, at Wheatsheaf Common and on the bridge to Brewery Road car park could have carried posters. An item on the council web site would have been seen by many residents. WWF have contact details from their initial consulation. Nothing has been sent to those who attended that event. Immediate neighbours to the site (which includes me) have had nothing.

What is the point of consulting if you don't tell people that you are doing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.