Sunday 31 October 2010

Police action on speeding in Horsell


Walking down Brewery Road yesterday whilst my younger daughter practiced her bike riding skills (we've recently removed the stabilisers) I was a little concerned to see a group of police officers at the entrance to Horsell Park. "Has somebody done something wrong?" asked my daughter. Before I could respond our local neighbourhood officer for Horsell PC Josh Parish detached himself from the group and came over to speak to me.


It turned out that PC Parish had assembled the resources to carry out speed enforcement across Horsell. The team had just finished work on Brewery Road and were moving on to Chobham Road and Woodham Road, another team had covered the High Street. Most of these areas are places where I often walk or cycle and there are regular occurrences of speeding vehicles. I have also been involved in Speedwatch at some of these locations. I mentioned to PC Parish that I had recently seen two cars overtaking a third car that was keeping to the speed limit on Brewery Road.


PC Parish told me that a number of tickets were handed out and some warnings given. He also mentioned that the team had not been popular.


I'm delighted to see this police work taking place. Speedwatch is helpful at slowing traffic speeds in the local area but actual enforcement by the police sends a much stronger message to speeding drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.