Tuesday 16 October 2012

A Safer Junction from Arthur's Bridge to Well Lane

More than two years after I called for action on the accident hotspot that is the junction of Arthur's Bridge Road and Well Lane I am pleased to report that Surrey County Council is acting.

Work is due to start next week to remove the extra lane that exists for a short distance close to the lights on Lockfield Drive.  A number of accidents have been caused as drivers race up the outside lane and collide with vehicles completing their turn out of Arthur's Bridge Road.  Hopefully the removal of this lane will prevent future accidents.

I asked a question of the Woking Local Committee back in July 2010.  At that time I summarised the chequered history of this junction on the blog.  My question called for a safety audit in response to a number of accidents that had happened at the junction.  I was told a safety audit could only be carried out on new road junctions but my concerns would be put to a road safety committee of the county council.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.